Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 2010 Updates.

Sorry I am a little late on updating. I missed the Month of March. It just flew by. Early March, my wife and I took a great cruise from Barcelona to Morocco, Canary Islands, Madeira, and Granada. A great break from real life. Soon followed Spring break with my Grand daughter, then followed by visits from relatives. Now back to normal, for awhile.
I want to touch on parasite control just briefly, as there are so many aspects, a dozen books would maybe cover the whole arena. I like to keep it simple. Stay away from most OTC products for fleas and ticks; flea collars, dips, and shampoos. They cause more damage than help. Look to the new generation products. Topicals that are not absorbed systemically like Frontline and Advantage are great. But not all topicals are created equal as most OTC products contain permethrin, a systemic insecticide.
I will address other parasite controls later, such as heartworm and intestinal worm, but to avoid a long blog, I will stop and aim for a new one soon.
OTC - means over the counter.

Thanks for your time

No comments:

Post a Comment